For a summary of upcoming events see the event calendar.
For information about the entry process see how to enter.
It's a Fair 'Blinkum Blitzen Batchelorgaine'
Saturday, 5 December 2020
HO HO HO and Deck the Halls!
Christmas is fast approaching and so is the NT Rogaining Association’s annual Christmas Bash!
This is a fun 3 HOUR navigational event for everyone, with controls located around the Batchelor township and within surrounding bushland. Those who are experienced and have good navigational skills will be partnered up with others seeking assistance with their navigation and map reading. Current skill level and enthusiasm will be taken into account when matching people up. (You will indicate your current skill level on the Entry Form, see below).
The HASH HOUSE is located in the grounds of the Litchfield Motel in Batchelor. This is where the event will kick off. Chairs and tables are available.
|When:||Saturday 5th December (starting at 1:30pm)|
|Where:||Litchfield Motel, 49 Rum Jungle Road, Batchelor|
|What:||3 hour “Mystery Teams” Rogaine|
|Cost:||Entry Fee is $20 per person (children under 15 years are free)|
Looking forward to seeing you in Batchelor!
|1:30 pm||Welcome to the event, housekeeping, announcement of the “Mystery Teams”.|
|2:00 pm||Maps handed out. EVENT OPEN
Teams can choose to start any time from now and must return to the Hash House within 3 hours of their start time. There are point penalties for teams who do not return within 3 hours. ALL teams must be back by 7:00pm at the latest, regardless of start time.
|7:00 pm||EVENT CLOSED
There are point penalties for teams returning after this time. Disqualification if not back by 7:30pm!
|7:30 pm||Roast carvery dinner / dessert in the Function Room, reading of the results, handing out of prizes, Secret Santa. Bevies!|
- Your ENTRY FEE includes entry to the event, maps, insurance, carvery roast dinner / dessert and bacon / egg breakfast the next day. ENTRY FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL by Tuesday 24th November to secure your spot.
- DINNER will be held in the Function Room and is a carvery roast buffet including dessert.
- What about the DRINKS?! You can BYO grog for consumption in the campground / motel rooms. NTRA will supply some bottles of wine to have with dinner. Other drinks (beer, spirits, softies) can be purchased from the bar.
- Are you taking part in this year’s side-splitting SECRET SANTA SWAP & STEAL? If so, please bring along a wrapped present (maximum spend $15).
- Sort out your sore head the next morning with a festive bacon-n-egg sanga for BREAKFAST. Tea and coffee (LOTS of coffee!) included. Please BYO chair, cup, plate, cutlery.
- Wishing to enhance your weekend bush experience? Non-powered CAMP SITES are available at the Litchfield Motel. Toilet and shower facilities included. Cost is $10 per person (children under 15 years are free).
- Prefer a bit of luxury? ROOMS can be booked at the Litchfield Motel at special NT locals rates. Just mention that you are part of the rogaining group and you will receive 15% off your room price! A Standard Double/Twin room is $119/night. A Superior Double/Twin room is $136/night. To make your booking, give the motel a call on 08 8976 0123. (You will need to pay a deposit to secure your booking).
- There is a POOL - cool down before dinner or go for an early-morning dip – CROC SAFE!
- There are LIMITED SPOTS available for this great annual event!
ENTRIES CLOSE on Tuesday 24th November (or earlier if all spots are filled).
- To be part of this year’s NTRA CHRISTMAS FESTIVITIES, please complete the attached entry form.
ONE FORM PER PERSON, please. Children under 15 years can be included on the same form as their supervising adult. Make sure you indicate your navigational prowess using the scale provided on the form. Also please make sure you circle Y or N for the questions about dinner and breakfast - this is essential for assisting us in determining numbers for catering.
'A Rad and very Red Rangas Roundtown' Roguegaine
5th September 2020
In this year of isolation and restrictions, we have not had a lot to look forward to, but now we are pleased to announce an event to add straight to your diary!
On September 5th 2020, the NTRA will be holding their second event of the year;
A Rad and very Red Rangas Roundtown Roguegaine!
Starting from Mindil Beach, the Metrogaine event will cover both bush and urban environments with the course spanning from East Point reserve through to the city, and out to Winnellie and Coconut Grove. There will be hanging controls as well as multiple-choice selections to find as you make your way around the course. You can do it on foot, walking or running, or on your bike or e-bike!
Choose from one of three events:
- Walk or run the;
- 3 hour ‘Rangas Rover’, OR
- 6 hour ‘U need your head read’, OR
- Ride the;
- 4 Hour ‘Bluey Biker’.
Metrogaines are sporting events based around the urban environment, in line with the guiding principle of Rogaining. Teamwork, strategic planning and map reading are features of the sport.
Teams of 2-5 people choose which checkpoints to visit within a time limit with the intent of maximizing their score. Call it a fun run, walk or ride, you and your team will move through the course using the map provided as determined by your team’s strategy.
A great way to exercise both mind and body.
Entry fees include BBQ Dinner. More details to come shortly.
'Leaping Lee' Metrogaine
29th February 2020
2020 is a leap year, so to maximise the opportunity of the extra day we have put a Metrogaine on that day. So pencil it in your dairy and come along to the Northern Territory Rogaine Associations first event for the New Year.
Starting from Leanyer, the Metrogaine event will cover the bush and urban environments from Lee Point all the way to McMillians Road, out through Casuarina Foreshore and across to Holmes Jungle. There will be hanging controls as well as the multiple choice selections in the multitude of green spaces that our urban jungle provides. You can do it on foot, or do it on a bike, MTB is best as it will cover as many of the MTB tracks available in the areas mapped.
There will be three events:
- Outback Bakery Roll - 6 hour;
- One Mile Brewery Biker - 4 Hour;
- General Store Stroll - 3 Hour
Metrogaines are sporting events based around the urban environment, in line with the guiding principle of Rogaining. Teamwork, strategic planning and map reading are features of the sport. Entry includes BBQ Dinner. Teams of 2-5 people choose which checkpoints to visit within a time limit with the intent of maximizing their score. Call it a fun run, walk or ride, as you and your team move through the course using the map provided as determined by your team’s strategy whilst exercising both mind and body.
Its a Christmas Cracker!
Saturday, 30 November 2019
The last event for 2019 is going to be a 'Christmas Cracker Mystery Team Challenge' located at the Litchfield National Park Education Centre, at Bachelor.
A short 4 Hour Rogaine to finish the year off, which will be ideal for everyone ... including families. It's also a great opportunity to give Rogaining a go for the first time and see what its all about.
The terrain will include inviting rocky pools, a few spurs, saddles, creek bends and some knolls. Terrain variation will be up to 40-50 metres, and it will give a person looking to improve their skills a point in the right direction. It will also give the more experienced person a chance to share some knowledge. You can treat this event as a training run or a challenge, it’s entirely up to you!
Teams will be put together on the day using a mystery draw. There will be prizes for the best team, amongst other awards for achievements on the day.
Maps will handed out at midday.
The start time can be anytime after 2pm, but the finish time must be no later than 7pm (sunset). Total time on the course is 4 hours (max).
The Education Centre venue is fully facilitated, with showers, toilets, and a large undercover area, and it also boasts a swimable waterhole with a nearby secluded waterfall. Camping is free, dinner and breakfast will be provided, and there will be a secret Santa ... amongst other things.
Entry form attached. Please save the date / weekend.
'A RIdgydidge Rogaine'
Saturday, 14 September 2019
Event will be located by an easy 1 hour drive from Darwin. Hash House will be accessible by 2wd.
Setting and Vetting is well under way, having reviewed the course we have elected to make the mountain bike event a bit longer to give MTB entrants a chance to explore the mapped area.
Maps out at 11:00am.
For the 10Hr Rambler or a 5Hr rover with a 13:00 start time, finish no later than 23:00 hrs.
If the deadly treadly is your favourite then with a 13:30 start time for 6 hour MTB Rattler, finish no later than 19:30 hrs
Entry forms attached. Entry fee includes evening meal, event maps and free camping.
Page 1 of 3